Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Recipe Wednesday

If you read other blogs you might have noticed that they generally have one day of the week dedicated to a specific type of blog post.
Some examples would be: Thirfty Thursday, Wardrobe Wednesday, Trendy Tuesday, etc.
Well, thanks to the advice of my mother, starting today I will be having Recipe Wednesdays.
This week will be a trial period and I would like to see the feedback I get on this idea to decide if I would like to continue each week.
I decided to start off with something quite simple for the first recipe:

Greek Salad



Ingredients

  • 3 vine ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
  • 1 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 European seedless cucumber, cut into bite-size chunks (or 2 regular cucumbers seeded)
  • 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chunked
  • 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chunked
  • 1 cup Kalamata black olives
  • Several sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, about 1/2 cup
  • 1 package sliced imported Greek feta
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • Coarse salt and black pepper

Directions

Combine vegetables, olives, and parsley in a large bowl. Rest sliced feta on the top of salad. Combine oil, vinegar, and oregano in a small plastic container with a lid. Shake vigorously to combine oil and vinegar and pour over salad and cheese. Season with salt and pepper and let the salad marinate until ready to serve. Best if sits for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy!

recipe credit: Rachel Ray, Food Network

Here are some pictures from my try at it:
(I apologize for the poor lighting my kitchen gives off!)









ENJOY! :)

Ps: Be sure to leave some feedback on what you think! Like/didn't like, etc?

No comments:

Post a Comment